CALL FOR ENTRY
Reclaimed: Elevating the art of reuse
October 1 - 23, 2016
• All mediums of work will be considered including: conceptual, functional, film/video, sculpture, mixed media, book art, assemblage, fabric, jewelry, glass, music.
• Open to artists who reside in the Bay Area.
- Entries must be created with a minimum of 90% reclaimed materials.
- Up to 2 entries per artist.
- Artwork must be framed, wired, pre-assembled, and ready to hang/display.
- Film/video artists must provide their own AV equipment
- Maximum Size: 6’ x 6’, 80 lbs
- Artist statement - 100 words or less describing the piece and short bio.
- All image files for the entry should be submitted in JPEG format with image size set to 300 dpi resolution, 4” x 6” approximately. (No larger than 10 MB)
- All image files must be titled with artist’s last name followed by first name, and format. Example: LastnameFirstname.jpg
- All works must remain for the duration of the show
FEE FOR SUBMISSION
$20 per artist, 2 entries maximum ($20 for up to 2 artworks)
Scholarships available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions will be considered.
WILL NOT ACCEPT:
• Artwork that is not mounted/framed professionally and ready to hang/display.
• Artwork with explicitly sexual, violent, or disparagingly religious subject matter
6/15 Call for Entries announced
9/6 Deadline for submissions
9/12 Notifications to artists
9/26 Deliver artwork
10/1 Soft opening
10/22 Exhibit ends
10/24 - 10/25 Pick up artwork
Andres Guerrero, Director and owner of the Guerrero Gallery
Deborah Munk, Director Artist in Residence Program at Recology San Francisco
Dianne Platner, Curator SCRAP Art Show
SCRAP reserves the right to use accepted images of artwork for promotional use online and in print for publicity.
Artworks are insured by SCRAP for the duration of the exhibition from the artwork drop off time at SFArtsED until the date that the work is scheduled to be picked up. Accepted artists will sign a lending agreement at the time of artwork drop off.
Artists whose work sells during the Reclaimed exhibition will have the option of receiving 50% of the sale price or donating the full proceeds from the sale to SCRAP. Donated sales to SCRAP are tax deductible.
You can reach out to us with any questions or concerns via our contact page.